Sunday, July 12, 2015

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and Chanel Haul!

Hey everyone! Today I'm bringing you a quick haul I did over the weekend! I went to Nordstrom (my favorite place to shop) and Bloomingdales (where I purchased my Chanel products).  I'm not going to show the fashion items from Nordstrom in this post (just to keep this post short) so I will do another post later. I only bought one item from the sale just because I didn't really need anything else.

I definitely recommend everyone checking out the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale because you can find a bunch of items that are released early for the fall at a good discount (at least 30-50% off!) until the beginning of August. Also for beauty items, Nordstrom has sets and various other products exclusive to the anniversary sale, so if you're considering any of the products mentioned definitely purchase them quickly before they run out!

Overview of the products I got. 
Close up of the items I actually purchased



1) Chanel Les 4 Ombres 254 Tisse D'Automne ($61): This palette is limited edition for Chanel's new pre-fall 2015 makeup collection. I wasn't going to initially buy this item (I mean do I really need more eyeshadow?), but the SA at the Chanel counter at Bloomies ended up persuading me to purchase this. She actually applied my eyeshadow from this palette and I fell in love with the look. This palette definitely has earthy, sultry colors that are perfect for the fall season. The colors can be used for a day-time look, but you can vary it up for a night time look. I can't wait to try this for myself! I'll definitely update if I change my mind on this. 

I'll definitely post a link to the palette when I can. So far I can't find a link to this anywhere.

2) Chanel Le Vernis 671 Ecorce Sanguine ($26): Another product from the pre-fall 2015 makeup collection that I purchased. I don't think this is limited edition so you definitely have time if you're considering purchasing this. I realized that I don't really have a classic red nail polish and I fell in love with this color from Chanel. Chanel nail polishes are expensive, but I think the formula is one of the best and their colors are so unique. It's definitely worth every penny. 

I also can't find a link to this product yet either since it's also very new. 

3) Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow Laurier Rose ($34): This is a limited edition product for their Summer 2015 collection. I was initially unsure whether I wanted to buy this for the longest time because I didn't find that I really needed another neutral colored eyeshadow. However, I swatched this on my hand and I fell in love with the texture of this! It has a cooling effect when applied and it's not too dry of a texture. Also, the color is gorgeous. It's a orange-y, rose-y colored, which is perfect to use on a daily basis. 

4) Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain Exclusive Trio ($72): This is the one set I definitely wanted from the Nordstrom sale. It's such a good deal. You get 3 full-size, glossy stains (which normally retail for about $36 separately) for &72, which would normally retail for $108! Additionally, you also get a luxe, red pouch in the set. There are 3 different glossy stains: the classic, pop-water and the plump up. I haven't swatched the colors yet, but I already have the classic (which is #7) and it's a great coral lip stain for everyday wear. 

Additionally with my purchase, I received a white YSL pouch, which included skincare samples from their Youth Liberator line. I haven't tried these products and I'm not really too interested in them, so I might give this away to a family member or friend. 

That's it for this haul! I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I might go back to Nordstrom next weekend to purchase more beauty goodies. I'm looking online and I'm considering purchasing the Hourglass set, Diptique set, Charlotte Tilbury and some of the others! I'm trying to not buy too much because I have a lot of upcoming necessary expenses. Plus, a lot of these items are already expensive. I wish I could have everything for free haha! Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a good one,

Alyssa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment