Monday, March 30, 2015

Review: Aritaum Wannabe Cushion Tint in Fergie

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted anything (even though I said I would). I've been busy with school and I've hardly gotten good sleep and hence, I have not made the time to write blog posts. I'm also trying to get a feel for a good time in my schedule for when I can blog as well, so my posting schedule will be a little erratic.

So let's get to the main subject of this post: the Aritaum Cushion Tint in the color Fergie.


What is it?
This is a dual lip tint product that retails normally for $5 at the Amore store. They were having a "Buy 1 get 1 free" promotion going on so I picked Fergie and Nikita. Nikita I haven't opened yet, just in case I want to return it. Fergie I would describe as a hot pink color, but has some neutral pink undertones. It's not as bright as some of the other hot pink colors in this line. The product comes with the actual lip color on one end, and the other end contains a sponge tip which you can use to smudge out the lip color.



Color and Pigmentation
The cushion tint glides on very smoothly on the lips and is very pigmented. One swipe of the product will give plenty of color. Although the product is very pigmented, it can easily be blended out if you prefer a more sheer look. Generally, I've applied this product in this way to give a more wearable look. The scent of the product on the lips isn't overpowering: just a light fruity scent.







Texture
Like many other tints, this is matte-finish. This matte-finish can emphasize any dryness on the lips, so I recommend moisturizing your lips before applying this product. Even though it can emphasize dryness, I don't find that this product dries out the lips either.

Lasting Power
This actually lasts for quite some time, but like most other lip products, it will fade after eating and/or drinking anything. It lasts for about 2-3 hours of wear before any noticeable signs of fading.

Overall, I think this is a good product, especially for the price you pay. I like the packaging of the product because it doesn't take up a lot of room in my makeup bag and the sponge tip is nice to have for on-the-go. It's nothing ground-breaking, but if you're looking for low-cost lip products, I think this is one you should try.

Where can I purchase this?
I know not everyone has access to an Amore so it might be hard for people in the US to purchase this. However, I have found this on eBay, but it's marketed for $10 here :(. Perhaps googling this product you may be able to find a website that sells the cushion tint at a reasonable price.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer! Hope you all have a good week!

-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment