Monday, May 18, 2015

Sephora VIB Sale Haul!

Sooooo it's been about a month since I've last updated :\
I sincerely apologize for the long hiatus! It really wasn't my intention, but like usual, I got caught up in school work because it's the end of the school year. Which means I had to cram in assignments and study my butt off for exams :(
But now I'm finally done and I can (hopefully) have a consistent posting schedule! I should have something more regular after next week when I come back from vacation!

Today I'm going to show you all my haul from the Sephora VIB 15% off sale back in early April! I know it's late, but I thought you guys might be still interested to see regardless :)


I didn't really pick up many interesting things because there weren't too many products I was too interested in trying. Regardless, I wanted to take advantage of the sale and bought some products I never tried before.

This is the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector (wow such a long name lol), which retails for $28 for 4.0 fl oz (118 mL). It's suppose to be applied on damp or dry hair right before you go to bed and then rinsed out the next morning. The results should be "one week of more shiny, vibrant, manageable hair overnight". I haven't had many opportunities to properly test this product, but my first impressions are pretty good. So far I've had the most success with applying this on damp hair. I definitely can agree that this product gives my hair a more glossy sheen to it. I'll be testing this product more before coming to a definitive conclusion.

Next up is the NARS Duo Eyeshadow in St-Paul-De-Vence (retails about $35 for 0.14 oz.). It's described as a "shimmering nectarine". This was part of the NARS Spring 2015 collection and I had been eyeing this for a long time. However, I hesitated on buying this because I have more eyeshadow than needed. Of course, after I kept seeing and swatching the colors I definitely was convinced that I needed to purchase this duo! Luckily, this eyeshadow duo was cheaper thanks to the VIB sale. I've played with these colors a few times and they are very pretty for the spring and summer season! They're very easy to wear. I'll definitely post a separate post reviewing this product!


I purchased my holy grail setting mist, the Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray in De-slick (retails for $34 for 4.0 fl oz. 118 mL). I have combination-oily skin so makeup setting spray is a must for me (especially in the warmer months!). The mist is very fine and my makeup actually stays on my face for a longer period of time. Also, this makeup setting spray is effective after using powder so it makes my face look less cakey.





The Shiseido Facial Cotton (retails for $9.50) are facial cotton sheets you can use for multiple purposes, such as applying skincare. These cotton pads are the softest ones I have ever used and I always pick some up during the Sephora sale! I use this with my toners (SK-II Facial Treatment Lotion and Laneige Power Essential Refiner). Each set of cotton pads will last at least for a month or two depending how often you use it. The only negative thing about this product is that it's a bit pricey.

Last but not least I purchased the Tatcha Aburatorigami Japanese Beauty Papers (retails for $12.00 for 30 sheets). I forgot to take a picture of the beauty sheets up close, but the first picture pretty much shows what the product looks like. These beauty papers are used for blotting the oil from the face. I was looking for new blotting sheets so I figured I try the Tatcha ones because I heard so many good things about it. I haven't tried them yet, but I hope they won't disappoint (especially for the price tag). 

And that's it for my Sephora VIB Haul! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I'll be back with another post shortly!

- Alyssa







No comments:

Post a Comment